Hello there. I’m Juan-Carlos Foust, an independent consultant who specializes in bringing products to life on iOS. If you want to ship an important feature or construct a new app from the ground up, let’s talk.
More about me
In the past I’ve worked on enterprise web applications for doctors, web and mobile SDKs for developers, control interfaces for neurostimulation devices, data visualizations for patients, social networks for healthy communities, and robust messaging apps for college students.
My interests revolve around the application of technology to augment human intelligence, increase empathy, and achieve freedom from necessity.
What can I do for you?
Here are some of the services I offer:
- Bootstrap a new project to demonstrate proof-of-concept, providing a scalable foundation and helping onboard new engineers to take over development.
- Implement and fully integrate new features into your app including rich, custom UI.
- Add robust communication between your app and BLE hardware.
- Migrate critical infrastructure to a Swift web service.
Devops, debugging, and performance optimization
- Reduce and simplify your project’s dependency structure.
- Add scripts to automate mundane tasks and speed up your build and release process.
- Diagnose performance bottlenecks, bugs, and crashes.
- Optimize your existing code for speed, memory, and battery usage.
Advising and code review
- Facilitate a product design sprint.
- Help refine product goals and distill design and engineering deliverables from product requirements.
- Review code and architectural decisions, make suggestions, and consult on how to implement them.
- Suggest architectural or organizational changes to reduce complexity, address sources of instability, increase testability, and reduce maintenance costs.
(Some) iOS apps I have worked on:
- Loop: 1.0 screencast, 1.6 screenshots
- Other Chat: 0.28.0 screencast
- UP: iTunes
- UP Coffee: The Next Web
- DROP: AppAdvice
- Halo Sport: iTunes
- 100Plus: Greatist, 1.0 screencast
Contact information available upon request: